Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Independence Day 2013 Celebrations .. Azadi ka Jashn

For me, the meaning of Independence day has always been a holiday which starts with the speech of Prime Minister and followed by collection and distribution of Flags and badges in friends and family, apart from that khana peena aur sote rahna.

I have always been celebrating my independence day in office a day before, many a times with some quizzes which test my knowledge on history and i must tell you, it is below the poverty line. I have never been a good history student apart from the fact that my school teacher had selected me for a inter-school quiz competition on history subject which i lost because of obvious reasons.

Only thing which develops my interest in our past is archaeological department. I am very fond of the news about the historical artifacts found from different sources. I remember the day when treasure worth billions was found in Padmanabhaswamy temple in south India. I kept tracking that news and only thing i could think of the following days was to have a glimpse of the treasure once.

Lets get back to story of the independence day celebration, This is first Independence day in my sapient gurgaon history and i am really amazed to see the enthusiasm of the sapient employees like never before.

Sapient building was decorated so beautifully that anyone can tell about the friendliness of the company culture.

There was a competition for the Kite Flyers, employees good at drawing participated as Tattoo artist and set up a stall for making the tattoo's with water color. Bangles with tri-color of flag (green, saffron and white) were given to all girls that too free of cost. I got 2 dozen bangles and it really matched with my multi-colored suit today. I have always been fond of bangles and am really feeling nice and excited after wearing these metallic colorful bangles.

Food stalls for gol-gappe, chaat, kulfi, bhel poori were setup and everything was really delicious available on very cheap price. Sweets - Motichoor Ladoo were available in cafeteria free of cost for sapient employees.


Everything was going quite well until someone told me ... India haath me haath, 6 or 7 ... A poetic line but has very in-depth meaning which will force anyone to think about Indians and India. Indians, how many of us really use this word in our life. Movies like chak-de might be stressing on us to be Indian irrespective of the state we live in or religion we worship but this is nothing but mere a word for most of us. Even after 66 years of Independence, we are egoistic and self-centered to belong to a cast and a religion about which we might not be knowing anything but we are born with it. Perhaps, some day, all citizens of India will proud to be and call themselves as Indian and will be 'saath-saath' in real terms. Then India will become a secular country in real sense.

Let's continue celebrating Independence day !!! Happy Independence Day to all !!!


4 comments :

  1. Nice one Dipsi..Good going.. keep bloging..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post with a great interest .. had sense and truth into it ! had great power to keep me reading .. !
    keep it up deepali !

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice written article on joy of independence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... thts good celebration during Independence day.... M expecting next article of more enjoyable day during diwali....

    ReplyDelete