Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Why i want to lose my ID card ?


Mandatory for all the IT guys ... huh ...
Every organization has the norm of displaying the ID card properly and you should carry this card with you within the office premises.

Thinking ... what new i am trying to tell here ... :-)
I always used to hide the front side of my first id badge and used to display the back side of it (where company address was mentioned).

My sitting location was on the seventh floor and cafeteria was on the ground floor. I was going to my desk after having lunch through lift. Someone in the lift noticed my ID badge that i am displaying it from the back side. He asked me the reason. Thankfully, he didn't understand that i was not displaying the back of my card but hiding the front part.

The guy was also going to the seventh floor and lift was stopping on every floor so i had enough time to explain him the reason.

I started telling him a story and it goes something like this: "I am using the lift everyday several times in a day. People might notice me and try to approach me. If i start displaying my ID card then people will easily get my name and the employee number. They will search my information on the employee portal and will get other details like my seat location, project etc. I don't want to be so easily approachable to anyone. That is the reason that i am displaying my card from the back side."

The Guy smiled and said "nice". I was smiling more. Kiyu ? Obvious reasons, that guy believed my story and smiled back at me. Thinking how innocent, probably how stupid i am. I was smiling more because i made up a story on spot (in our language, at run time :-) ) and it was told so well that there was not a slightest hint of making it up. It was looking like i have rehearsed it several times before. I was smiling on my imaginations and creativity than smiling on him. Impressed with me ... hehe

I can understand your anxiety now to know the real reason, why i used to hide from the front. I will not keep it more with me now. Reason is very simple, i was not photographed well for my ID card. Whenever i used to see my picture on the card, it felt like i am staring at myself.

Isko fade karne ke liye kya kya nahi kiya ? Dhoya, nichoda, sukhaya, but this photograph on the card was still intact, so i started displaying it from back.

Finally, after couple of years, it faded and i applied for a new card. Luckily i have always got a nice click afterwards !!!



7 comments :

  1. Hahahaha...nice story told to that person in lift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are taking advantage of reading novels i.e. making the stories & applying the spy thoughts. Sometimes it is must in life, I think.

    For new Photo Id card, as per my experience it will be delivered in an hour. But if you would have new one, we will be deprived with new stories so please do not request for new one.

    ~Sunil Jangir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe the story to be true,...can't believe that u can have a pic,..in which u don't look good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally don't get the good pictures :-) that's true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely good at cooking up stories...:p
    Looking forward to read another one...:p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting...U shd hv start to write a book on u..

    ReplyDelete